Connection problem after creating new project using Signum template

Jan 8, 2010 at 10:17 PM

I am getting the following message starting a new project using the Signum Framework Client - Server project template in VS2008 Express Edition.

"A problem was encountered creating the sub project 'Shop.Web'. The project file 'C:\Documents and Settings\<my name>\Local Settings\Temp\dwv2yx3o.3si\Temp\Shop.Web.csproj' cannot be opened.

The project type is not supported by this installation."

After clicking okay, only the Shop.Windows sub project was showing in my solution. The other sub projects were built (except for Shop.Web), so I just added them into my solution.

The result compiled. But when I tried to run it, I got the exception pasted below. Any ideas why my xp OS would be rejecting the request to connect to the local host? Is it related perhaps to the earlier error that prevented Shop.Web from being built?

System.ServiceModel.EndpointNotFoundException was unhandled by user code
  Message="Could not connect to http://localhost:7654/ServerShop.svc. TCP error code 10061: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:7654. "
  Source="mscorlib"
  StackTrace:
    Server stack trace:
       at System.ServiceModel.Security.IssuanceTokenProviderBase`1.DoNegotiation(TimeSpan timeout)
       at System.ServiceModel.Security.SspiNegotiationTokenProvider.OnOpen(TimeSpan timeout)
       at System.ServiceModel.Security.WrapperSecurityCommunicationObject.OnOpen(TimeSpan timeout)
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.CommunicationObject.Open(TimeSpan timeout)
       at System.ServiceModel.Security.CommunicationObjectSecurityTokenProvider.Open(TimeSpan timeout)
       at System.ServiceModel.Security.SecurityUtils.OpenTokenProviderIfRequired(SecurityTokenProvider tokenProvider, TimeSpan timeout)
       at System.ServiceModel.Security.SymmetricSecurityProtocol.OnOpen(TimeSpan timeout)
       at System.ServiceModel.Security.WrapperSecurityCommunicationObject.OnOpen(TimeSpan timeout)
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.SecurityChannelFactory`1.ClientSecurityChannel`1.OnOpen(TimeSpan timeout)
       at System.ServiceModel.Security.SecuritySessionSecurityTokenProvider.DoOperation(SecuritySessionOperation operation, EndpointAddress target, Uri via, SecurityToken currentToken, TimeSpan timeout)
       at System.ServiceModel.Security.SecuritySessionSecurityTokenProvider.GetTokenCore(TimeSpan timeout)
       at System.IdentityModel.Selectors.SecurityTokenProvider.GetToken(TimeSpan timeout)
       at System.ServiceModel.Security.SecuritySessionClientSettings`1.ClientSecuritySessionChannel.OnOpen(TimeSpan timeout)
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.OnOpen(TimeSpan timeout)
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.CallOpenOnce.System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.ICallOnce.Call(ServiceChannel channel, TimeSpan timeout)
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.CallOnceManager.CallOnce(TimeSpan timeout, CallOnceManager cascade)
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.EnsureOpened(TimeSpan timeout)
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs, TimeSpan timeout)
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs)
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.InvokeService(IMethodCallMessage methodCall, ProxyOperationRuntime operation)
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.Invoke(IMessage message)
    Exception rethrown at [0]:
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
       at Signum.Services.IQueryServer.GetQueryNames()
       at Shop.Windows.App.OnStartup(StartupEventArgs e) in C:\Documents and Settings\Kelly Bagley\My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\Shop\Shop\Shop.Windows\App.xaml.cs:line 52
       at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__0(Object unused)
       at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter)
       at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter, Delegate catchHandler)
  InnerException: System.Net.WebException
       Message="Unable to connect to the remote server"
       Source="System"
       StackTrace:
            at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream()
            at System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpOutput.WebRequestHttpOutput.GetOutputStream()
       InnerException: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException
            Message="No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:7654"
            Source="System"
            ErrorCode=10061
            NativeErrorCode=10061
            StackTrace:
                 at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
                 at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.InternalConnect(EndPoint remoteEP)
                 at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Int32 timeout, Exception& exception)
            InnerException:

Coordinator
Jan 10, 2010 at 11:35 PM

I think maybe it's because VS 2008 Express doesn't work with web projects. Have you tried using Visual Studio Web Express? 

Jan 22, 2010 at 12:04 AM

I have now tried to create a new Signum Framework Client - Server project in Visual Studio Web Developer Express. I get an error message that is a little different. Instead of saying it can't open Shop.Web.csproj, it now says that it cannot open Shop.Windows.csproj. It appears that I cannot have both open in the same solution using the express editions of Visual Studio. Am I the first to try to use this framework with the express editions?

Coordinator
Jan 24, 2010 at 12:38 PM

Mmm I think that's the case. We all are using Pro version of Visual Studio here. We havent tested it with VS Express at all.

If you stick in the idea of using Express, I will choose VS c# express (not Web) and forget about the Web App.

Fortunately WCF es flexible enought so you can host it in a normal Console application.  

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms731758.aspx

Sorry for the inconvinience, and tell us if you find some other problem using Express version.