Use Windows Authentication?

Nov 19, 2009 at 3:27 PM

I am having trouble with the Administrator.NewDatabaseBasic command from Video1. The resulting database does not have any folders under it in SQL Management Studio. I am wondering if it might be because I am using Windows Authentication to connect to my database instead of SQL Server authentication like you do in the video. Has anyone had any success using this command with Windows Authentication?

Coordinator
Nov 29, 2009 at 7:55 AM

Hi Hezek1ah :)

You have to create the database manually (Databases->New Database -> Name it as in the connection string -> Ok), and NewDatabaseBasic will create all the tables and mandatory rows.

Works fine with Windows Authentication, what error message you getting?

Cheers

Jan 7, 2010 at 2:24 PM

I finally got back to this on the bus ride in this morning, and discovered a solution to my problem. Since I am using VS 2008 express, I have to create the database in VS2008 not in SQL Manager. Once I did that, the rest of the tutorial went perfectly and I finished it just as I was reaching my bus stop. :)

This evening, I will try my hand at the next tutorial on the way home.

Should this be posted somewhere in case someone else has a problem like this or is it too basic?

Happy New Year

Sent: Sunday, November 29, 2009 12:56 AM
To: Kelly Bagley
Subject: Re: Use Windows Authentication? [signum:75615]

Hi Hezek1ah :)

You have to create the database manually (Databases->New Database -> Name it as in the connection string -> Ok), and NewDatabaseBasic will create all the tables and mandatory rows.

Works fine with Windows Authentication, what error message you getting?

Cheers

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (signum@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email signum@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Coordinator
Jan 10, 2010 at 11:32 PM

It's posted here as a note now. 

http://www.signumframework.com/VideoTutorialBasic.ashx

Thanks for your feedback